Mailing List Rates and Guidelines
AAP offers membership and Annual Meeting attendee mailing lists to psychiatric-oriented institutions, organizations, publishers, and businesses wishing to advertise their conferences, products, publications, and services to AAP members. This is a great opportunity to reach a targeted audience of academic psychiatrists.
To order a list, contact the AAP executive office at 770-222-2265 or email@example.com.
A sample of the materials you wish to distribute must be emailed or faxed to AAP for approval. AAP requires pre-approval of items to be distributed to its members and is the sole judge of the suitability of materials.
AAP Mailing List Rates*
*Lists are available for one-time use only.
Terms for Usage of Mailing Lists
AAP membership names and addresses are proprietary and are protected by copyright. AAP is the sole owner of the membership names and addresses and rents its mailing list electronically for one-time use for each approved request. All lists are provided electronically in Excel format. Email addresses are not available.
AAP requires pre-approval of all items to be mailed and is the sole judge of the suitability of materials for mailing to its members. AAP reserves the right to deny requests where the purpose or use may not be considered in the best interests of AAP or its members.
Non-profit institutions wishing to rent the mailing list for educational purposes may purchase mailing labels at a reduced fee. AAP may require verification of an organization’s non-profit status. Rental of AAP mailing lists to vendors and outside entities does not constitute an endorsement or guarantee of the product or service being marketed. Unless expressly agreed by AAP in writing, any representation by the buyer(s) and/or his client(s) or agent(s), whether overt or implied, of AAP endorsement or guarantee of a product or service is prohibited.
AAP specifically prohibits use of its membership names and addresses for the following purposes:
- Copying and entering names and addresses from the provided labels into a client’s computer database for any purpose. This applies to duplication and/or storage in any form by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise. Violations are subject to prosecution under federal copyright laws.
- Announcements of openings or positions at companies/institutions.
- Announcements of educational programs, equipment or other products and services not related in some way to the field of academic psychiatry except for specific AAP-sponsored membership programs/services provided by commercial firms.
- Use of member names and addresses for on-site visits to members’ homes/offices for any reason.
- Use of the list is for one-time only and limited exclusively to the specific offer or service as described in the mailing sample submitted in conjunction with the order form.
- AAP does not provide email addresses or authorize usage of Association email lists.
The use of the AAP membership names and addresses in any of the ways prohibited above shall be cause for, at a minimum, permanent disqualification of the buyer(s) and/or his client(s) or agent(s) from use of the AAP membership mailing list. Violation of this policy as set forth above may also be grounds for legal action.