Master Educator IDEA Fellowship Award
- Created to uphold and promote inclusion, diversity, equity, and anti-racism (IDEA) values and increase representation of minorities in academic psychiatry.
- The Fellowship will sponsor participation in the Master Educator program and facilitate networking with a dynamic community of highly creative, dedicated educators.
- Opportunity to network and obtain mentoring
- Number: maximum of 2, selected annually to begin in the fall session.
This program highlights AAP’s strong commitment to uphold and promote inclusion, diversity, equity, and anti-racism (IDEA) values and increase representation of minorities in academic psychiatry. We aim to support early career faculty from groups underrepresented or historically excluded from medicine. We are dedicated to enriching the pipeline of psychiatric educators who will teach the next generations of learners and contribute to better patient-centered and culturally-responsive mental health care, ultimately improving patient care outcomes. The AAP IDEA Master Educator Fellowship will sponsor participation in the Master Educator program and facilitate networking with a dynamic community of highly creative, dedicated educators.
THIS FELLOWSHIP OPENS JANUARY 2, 2024.
- Fellowship Award Application Deadline: April 1, 2024
- Fellowship Award Notification: June 15, 2024
- Complete online application form, including a brief explanation of the way the applicant identifies as underrepresented or historically disadvantaged or information showing they are underrepresented at their institution.
- Curriculum Vitae
- One support letter from a peer, vice chair, chair, or supervisor (max 300 words. Prompt: Please describe the applicant's contributions to education to date, current educational role(s), quality of teaching, and future growth opportunities as an educator in your department/program).
- Personal statement (max. 300 words describing your current educational roles, what your favorite parts of those roles are, your career plans as an educator, and how the fellowship will benefit career goals).
- Optional, but encouraged: Teaching evaluations (e.g., didactic or clinical teaching).
Thank you for your interest. Applications for the 2024 AAP Master Educator IDEA Fellowship Award will open January 2, 2024.
For further inquiries, contact Lisa Hedrick at firstname.lastname@example.org.